Saturday, March 28, 2009


having a blog is like opening a box of dysfunctionality.  I need a better camera or I need to take better pictures of my art.  I just deleted my last post cause I thought...geez !  That piece is not reading...you know?  You can barely make out the whip of the lion tamer guy!  So, I'm going to fiddle with my camera, see how to get the flash not to go on....seriously!  Anyways, putting your efforts out in the public forum makes you have to consider your presentation!  yikes!  I sometimes (ahem....often) wear a clean t-shirt then sleep in it then wear it again!  So, maybe it's just a thing with me! But, to say for over five years,( like a waitress who spills hot coffee on your leg and says, "sorry it's my first day!"), that  you're working on that business card whenever anyone asks ...and to always use that blue masking tape to attach price tags or whatever...like I'm just a tacky wacky blue tape kinda gal!  Is it wrong?  No!  But if you want to make even a partial
living at any consumer dependent trade then you simply have to consider and become a realist around the idea that a certain amount of people like some packaging around their product.
So, I know how to post now.  But I need better images....and I'll put the "to blue tape or not to blue tape" on the back burner for now.  your intentionally correct pal. j.j.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, turn the flash off. Use diffused natural outdoor light. Or step away from the art a bit and zoom in on it. That will diffuse the flash so it doesn't produce glare so much. Or tape a piece of white paper over your flash in hopes of diffusing it. Three strategies to try. Most of all don't worry so much. There is room for improvement, but the charm shows up regardless of the imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or ask a friend who knows how to take good pictures to do it.

    ReplyDelete