Friday, March 20, 2009

pookie was my type


Pookie was keeping me together.  She chose me when she  was only a few inches.  The clutch went out on my old blue Vanagon at the bottom of a little windy road that led to a getaway house....a place to stay near the ocean ....a place to get away.
The little windy road was off of a straight short gravel road with a quarry on one dead end and trailer homes marching to  the other.  My friend and I walked towards the  trailers looking for help.  It was pretty deserted until the very last trailer.  Out came a stocky burly bearded little man trailed by two huge dogs looking to be Great Danes crossed with St Bernards or some such thing. His name was Al.  He walked back towards the van with us and his dogs.  "I smell a burnt out clutch "he said as we got nearer.  At that moment a tiny grey ball of fluff came out of nowhere.  It had piercing violet colored eyes and it squared off with Al's  dogs right away!  It was screaming continuously and fell in behind me!  "Don't look at it",said my friend knowing me full well.  "Just keep walking."  "Ok", I said .  But I looked back.  It's little legs were pumping to keep up and it was in full pursuit of me!  It's loud piercing kitten scream seemed to be saying,"get me out of this trailer park".  I asked Al if there was a mother kitten around and he said not that he knew but that folks dumped kittens off on this road quite regularly.  "Oh",
I said.  "Janet!", my friend said.  Well, so Al turned out to have a towing device and he towed us up the hill with his two ton truck. The little furball came with Galen and me to the cabin. Once we both picked her up and looked  into her violet eyes, it was all over!  "Mama! mama", she mewed loudly!  She knew she had a good thing and she wasn't letting us out of her sight! The kid was on a mission....to be continued.

2 comments: